Wednesday, December 24, 2008

triple century warm up - Trinity Cherry Awaken

Bolted out to Trinity over lunch to try their limited edition Cherry Awaken Stout (extremely limited - they made one keg and it was selling very fast, so they're probably sold out by the time you read this). Very yummy, but in my opinion the only way they could make Awaken any better would be to give it away for free or have it served by naked hot chicks. So it was certainly worth the drive, but I had to have a second pint of regular Awaken to get the fruity flavor out of my mouth.

After having spent yesterday tapering my liver for the upcoming battle (only two pints last night, very low for me), today's liquid lunch served as a nice warm-up for the upcoming triple century.

I'm hoping to get out of work a bit early and kick things off at 4:20PM mountain time. Figure that's a great time to start something so stupid. After that, it's one mile and one beer per hour for the foreseeable future. I do have a two mile out and back from my house as well, I may throw a few of those in every now and then. Need to get a few extra miles in before Friday, since I hafta work at Trinity. I can drink there but probably can't sneak out every hour for a mile run. Also hafta put in an appearance at the Incline happy hour tomorrow night - so that'll give me a nice five miles and who knows how many beers at the Royal Tavern. Thinking of also doing the Pikes Peak hash on Saturday. Yes, such is the awesomeness of my life that sometimes I hafta take a break from drinking and running to go drink and run.

I'll be taking pictures of the town clock in Manitou each time I run past (or other various landmarks, such as the dinosaur in front of the gas station that serves as the one mile mark from my house). I've also invited a lot of friends to join me at various times to run/drink with me. There's no perfect way to do this, but I'd like as much proof as possible just in case I'm actually able to pull this off. $100 will also be overseeing things at various points through the weekend, and those who know her know she wouldn't back up a false claim by me over this.

2 comments:

aka Moogy said...

Good luck dude!! Cheering your sorry ass on...

brownie said...

Thanks Moogy! I'd love to somehow say this was good training for Hardrock, but it's probably just a big step backwards.