Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HPb 21 - 5 x 1200 meters

Yes, I have been whining a lot about the cold weather lately. In my defense, I've at least been toping that crybaby stuff with decent workouts. CC track again tonight. It was 20F when I left work, which actually felt nice and warm since the recent night/early morning temps have been much lower. The track was in much better condition than last week, though the first turn was still super slow and the back stretch had lots of ice. Didn't see another soul out there tonight, they must have canceled Quinn's. Ended up averaging 4:40 this week, much better than the 4:59 I averaged last week, though that had everything to do with the second turn being ice and snow free and a little less to do with any fitness gain.

Start time - 6 PM
Distance - 5 x 1200 meters, three minute rest
Time - 4:47, 4:37, 4:44, 4:34, 4:40
Pace - averaged 4:40
Weather - heatwave brought the temp up to 20F
Weight - 173 lbs

No comments: