Thursday, December 18, 2008

HPb 23 - more Red Rock Canyon

"There's no such thing as bad weather. Just soft people."
- Bill Bowerman

That's my new favorite winter running quote, courtesy of the latest issue of the Incline Club news.

I keep going back to Red Rock Canyon because I love running there so much, even though it's usually significantly colder in there than a Garden road run would be, and even though the rough singletrack is currently covered in ice and snow. So it makes for slow and miserable going, but the effort is always there so I'm not worried about it. Like AJW said on his blog the other day, "It's all about base-building at this time of year anyway and there's something that tells me running with frozen eyelashes builds character." Ran the contemplative trail to the round-up trail, then cut across through the Quarry. Great trails back there!

Start time - 6 PM
Distance - 5.5 miles
Time - 1:00:20
Pace - 10:59 per mile
Weather - 19F
Weight - 173 lbs

No comments: