Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the final stats

That's it, I'm finished, I'm not running again 'till next year! Finished 2008 with 2,386.3 miles. Total time was 460:49:31 (19 days and four hours). That averages out to 11:35 per mile, running the range from around 5:30 per mile for a short race to well over an hour per mile for some of the passes at Hardrock.

To put that number into perspective, the Appalachian Trail is 2175 miles from one end to the other. The Continental Divide Trail is 3100 miles. The Pacific Crest Trail is 2650 miles long.

My mileage goal for 2009 will be to cover 3000 miles. Shouldn't be too hard, I would have hit that number this year had I not had to spend January and Feburary recovering from my cankle injury.

Of course, my big running goals for '09 will be the same as last year: finish Hardrock and get the big buckle at Leadville.

2 comments:

katie said...

drink for whining! wah wah my cankle...if only i had a turtle for every time you said that. oh wait i do, hahaha!!!

brownie said...

At least I had the injury excuse for my cankle. You have 'em just because you're so fat your calf runs into your ankles!