Took this from my favorite magazine, Dirtrag
, which I have a lifetime subscription to. Can't wait for the summer months to get here so I can bust my bike out again!
1. Boldness pays.
2. Desperation breeds mistakes.
3. The hardest parts are also the loneliest.
4. There's fresh horse flop in the trail ahead.
5. Balance is first among the virtues; momentum is second.
6. Success requires confidence, but cockiness invites failure.
7. Sometimes the best way through an obstacle is straight through it.
8. Some people get lucky at parts; nobody gets lucky at everything.
9. It's all about the being and the going, not the having and the arriving.
10. At each intersection, there's the easy way and the hard, rewarding way.
11. It's tempting to focus on the immediate problem to the exclusion of the big picture.
12. The thing that nails you is the one you don't see coming.
13. It's worth stopping for a breather to see where you are.
14. Thousands of tiny decisions shape the trip.
15. The fun starts when you push the limits.
16. You can get hurt, heal and go again.
17. Ups are followed by downs.
18. Practice makes you better.
19. No quitting allowed.
20. Love hurts.