Saturday, February 17, 2007

VFW

Went down to the local VFW last night for a few brews. I was the youngest person in there by about 30 years, but it was a great time. Laughing Lab pints for $2. At any other bar, they'd take out a newspaper ad to announce that special, but that's the regular price at the VFW. They also sold boxed wine. I ended up switching my membership from the Austin VFW to the Pikes Peak VFW, now I get a special membership card that allows me to act like a big shot and open the front door without having to call the bartender to let me in.

For those keeping track at home, it was bar #65.

Oh, and afterwards I went to Arctic and had a pint of on-on ale!

3 comments:

GrannyLingus said...

You Bastard I was supposed to have the first pint,,,, oh well, we need to talk about the location of this VFW, it is time for me to join that place.

Impala Mama said...

Give NBN and I a call next time you go, too! That will be my all time favorite place to drink!

-tunnel said...

Eargasm and I go to the monthly Foreign Legion meetings here. Closest thing we have to a VFW only without the shuffleboard. We are seriously the youngest around but like it all the same. Been to some cool Consulate parties with at Marine base. Good old "American Soil" in the middle of the sand. Good times.