Friday, February 02, 2007

run #39 - back to the track

Met Josh down at the Colorado College for my first track workout in years. Not the greatest workout - the temp was well below zero and the track was covered in snow and ice, including a super treacherous first curve that was quite hilly. Oh, and they had the "save wear and tear on the inside lanes" gates there, so we had to go around those too. So despite all that, we still managed a decent workout. One mile warm up, then 4 x 800 meters. Ran 3:14, 3:04, 3:14, 3:14, with one lap of rest in between. I didn't think I'd be able to run that on a good track in good conditions, so I was pretty happy. Of course the best part was ending the workout and warming up at Bristol Brewing Company! Mmmm...Laughing Lab rocks!

Start time: 5:45 PM
Distance: 4 x 800
Time: 3:14, 3:04, 3:14, 3:14
Pace: averaged 3:11
Weather: I'll say -5F but I'm pretty sure it was a lot colder

No comments: