Tuesday, February 13, 2007

coffee

Perhaps the only liquid that rivals my alcohol intake is coffee. I drink tons of joe, at least two pots a day and usually more. I'm also one of the few people in the world that actually like the taste of coffee, not having to ruin it by dousing it with milk and sugar. I even come in to work about half an hour early, every day, so I can make the pot of coffee and make it strong. If any of the other wussies around here make the pot, they make it too weak.

Whenever people ask me for a cup of coffee, they always ask how I like it. And I always reply, "I like my coffee like I like my women - black and strong!" I certainly didn't make that line up, but I think it's hilarious and try to use it whenever I can.

But I heard another great coffee line today on the radio. Some comedian was on the Bob and Tom show and he said, "My favorite kind of coffee is Irish coffee - because I like my coffee like I like my women - filled with booze!"

13 comments:

aka Moogy said...

What are your fav beans? Do you just use a perc or some foo-foo french press? Freakin two pots a day...damn I would have to work out of the head if I did that.

Impala Mama said...

I didn't know you are a coffee lover....I used to do the same thing when I worked at the dealership (come in early to make the coffee strong as hell.) I am not as hard core now bc I know I have to quit when I get knocked up again. I have a percolator so I get all the grounds on the bottom. Yummmmm.

Catwoman said...

I used to drink strong black coffee. Now I can't handle it. So now I like my coffe like I like my men - white and weak.

The actual line was by Mae West I believe:

Waiter How would you like your coffe ma'am.
MW: I like my coffee how I like my men; strong and hot.
Waiter: Would that be black or white, ma'am?

Pittchick said...

HAHA. I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but that's funny.

PlaysByEar said...

Bob and Tom huh... here I thought I'd lost all respect for you already, but now I see there was more for me to lose!

mike said...

Bob and Tom? I remember them from Georgia. They had to laugh over their own comedy bits because their audience was too stupid to know which parts were funny.

I never used to wash my coffee cup. The floating chunks of dried coffee from the previous day added a little extra zing to that first cup of the day.

Gagger said...

That was pretty funny!

I hate coffee, but love the smell of coffee beans.

brownie said...

Bob and Tom aren't my favorite, but they're on KKFM so I put up with them for about an hour at work. I actually thought Mike and Jason of 101X were some of the funniest guys I've heard on a radio morning show, but that station plays only two bands: Blink 182 and any band that sounds exactly like Blink 182.

Best coffee in the Springs is the Summit House blend down at Pikes Perk.

Nick said...

God, you are all a bunch of fags.

Can't we talk about beer like normal people? Next you'll be talking about your feelings....

brownie said...

Hey, my original post included booze and women. I'm not the fag here.

Unknown said...

i love the smell of coffee, but prefer the taste of hot choclate (with amareto, or peppermint schnaps, or spiced rum, or butterscotch schnaps...)

Barbara said...

I love coffee........let me count the ways.

Gagger said...

Coffee sucks balls. Hairy balls.