Sunday, February 25, 2007

run the register

Had a decent time at the Run the Register this morning. Wasn't really sure how to tackle this race, as I'm not really a stair climber, so I just stuck to my goal of taking two steps at a time for the entire distance. Worked out pretty good, as I finished in 7:29. You get to enter the "elite" category if you break eight minutes, so I guess I did alright. Yeah, so I can add the title of "elite stairclimber" to my resume now!
Quads were on fire towards the top, and I was breathing heavy, and my heart rate was through the roof, but because it was such a short event it really wasn't that challenging. Wasn't sure how to pace myself, and I probably could have gone a lot faster. Definitely a lot easier than the Incline.

Meat did pretty well, finishing in just under 22 minutes. She didn't hammer it like I did though, and she wasted a ton of time by stopping to take pics for other climbers. What a wanker!


3 comments:

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

It's disgusting that you're good at stair climbing too!

Impala Mama said...

Um, I believe you mean ELITE at stair climbing, Late Nite.

aka Moogy said...

Damn dude...I need to be on your training plan...

Reminds me of when I was a kid and walked up the CN Tower in Toronto. That was pretty kick-ass.