Friday, February 23, 2007

the weekend


Have a pretty active weekend coming up.

After work today it's straight up to Denver. Social Retard is in town to interview for physical therapy school, and I'm gonna show her Sancho's Broken Arrow, a Greatful Dead themed bar on Colfax Ave. Greatest jukebox I've ever seen with bands such as Panic, Keller, Cheese, Galactic, Mule, MM&W, Umphrey's, Hendrix, and, of course, tons of live Dead shows. After that we'll probably tour some of the fine establishments that grace the pages of Modern Drunkard Magazine.
Saturday morning it's off to do the Black Forest 20K, part of the Pikes Peak Road Runners winter series. I had to miss the last race of the series due to Air Force crap, otherwise I'd be in the running to win my age group. Bummer. Big surprise is that Social is gonna come down and do this race. She used to be one of those typical Austin hashers who always had a million excuses to avoid any physical activity so I didn't even ask her if she wanted to do it. But she asked about it and is now squeezing in the 10K before bolting back to Denver to catch her flight home for Easy Access's 30th b-day.
After the 20K I gotta bolt down for the Pikes Peak hash. Texas theme, I'm gonna wear some tie-dyed stuff to represent Austin. I can walk to the start point from my house, so I plan on drinking quite a bit and offending all the tee-totalers at the P2H4 once again!
Sunday morning it's back up to D-town with MeatGazer and Bella Cuci to run the register.
47 floors, 1,014 steps. Should be an interesting challenge, as I'm not a stair climber. But I've been doing the Incline quite a bit lately, so we'll see. No idea on how long this will take, I figure anywhere between ten and twelve minutes. I'm gonna try to do the whole thing taking two steps at a time though.

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

Don’t fall while you run the register, you might get cashed out! LOL I am too funny……….okay I will drink for being lame 