Thursday, February 08, 2007

run #44 - track

Back to the track for some 800m repeats again. Had planned on doing six of these, but some meth junkie with a shot immune system has given me the bird flu, and just getting out of bed has been a struggle, let alone speedwork, so I settled for four repeats. Made 'em count though, as I ran 2:59, 2:55, 2:52, and 2:51, in that order. Most of the improvement comes from the track being snow free and the warm weather (and the CC women's lax team practicing on the field - had to show off for the ladies), I don't think I ran much better this week than I did last week even though my average was a lot lower.

Start time: 5:45 PM
Distance: 4 x 800, one lap recovery in between, one mile warm up and one mile cool down
Time: 2:59, 2:55, 2:52, 2:51
Pace: averaged 2:54
Weather: 45F, temps dropped quicly at 6PM when the sun set

No comments: