Tuesday, February 13, 2007

climb to safety

I've just ordered a new computer. Should have it in a week or so.

After one year, I certainly don't regret my overnight move to Colorado. However, one thing I certainly miss about Austin is the music. I'll keep it nice by saying that, despite the best efforts of the Black Sheep, the live music scene in the Springs just doesn't quite match up. It's been a very big void for me, compounded by the fact that my failing computer didn't allow me to add much new music to my life.

But, with my soon-to-be CD/DVD burning capabilities, I'll be once again starting up weekly post office trips to mail out music. Used to do this all the time, but it's kinda hard to do when you don't have a CD burner.

And before you laugh, some of the bands which I have mailed out before they ever had a radio hit include Live, Rusted Root, Dave Matthews Band, the Clarks, Skunkweed (OK, they'll never have a radio hit, but they're still cool), John Butler Trio, MOFRO, and the Black Keys.

So, to get things started, there's a real cool band from Denver called Something Underground. I'll send a copy to the first person who can tell me which band sings the song listed in the title of the post.

Second copy of SU will go to the first person to send me a copy of the Widespread Panic set from ACL. I bought that boot, passed it out to a million or so friends, and now I can't find it.

17 comments:

Nick said...

Panis Widespread. Duh.

I'll take my payment in the form of a Brass Monkey, thank you very much.

Nick said...

Oops. Typo.

Panic Widespread.

Blah blah... payment... blah blah Brass Monkey.

brownie said...

Nice try wanker, but that's not the band.

aka Moogy said...

Little Women?

Impala Mama said...

Jerry Joseph singing with Little Women

Impala Mama said...

or IN, if you want to be technical I guess

Jes said...

SEND ME MUSIC!!! Seriously. I can't stand to listen to one more Korean Pop Song.

No hippie shit, though.

brownie said...

Jes, you'll get tons of music as soon as I get all that Phish you promised me years ago.

Can't believe nobody has gotten the band yet! Sheesh. Net was pretty close though.

Gagger said...

Widespread Panic!

brownie said...

Damn, I finally pay up on the vodka and now I owe you a CD. Expect it in a year or two. Or three.

Gagger said...

No kidding! Can't believe Net had their name backwards.

Nick said...

I hate you Gagger.

I was right. So what if I'm dyslexic. You shouldn't hold it against me.

I want a free Brass Monkey, damn it.

Smut Mutt said...

Never heard any of those bands on the radio albeit the stations I tune into don't play much Village People.

Smut Mutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MW said...

guess you're too embarrassed that you're a Creed fan too?

Nick said...

Free me Monkey a Brass for!

Impala Mama said...

Brownie shoudl be embarrased by ALL the music he listens to.