Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HPb 14 - CC track

Nice comical episode at the CC track last night. Almost the entire track was covered with ice and snow. Every time my foot touched the ground I didn't know if I'd be able to grip or if I'd slide around. Made for slow times, but the effort was definitely there so I'm happy. About time I stopped the excuse making for missing Tuesday night speed workouts. Even managed to hit the Y to throw some weights around afterwards. Had my body fat % tested, and I clocked in at 12.7%. Would like to keep that number there or even a bit higher so I don't freeze this winter, then drop down to the single digits for the ultra season.

Start time - 5:45 PM
Distance - 4 x 1200 meters, 3 minute rest
Time - 5:06, 5:01, 4:53, 4:56
Pace - averaged 4:59 (would have been 4:29 on a decent track)
Weather - fresh snow, lots of ice, temps in the upper teens
Weight - 174 lbs

4 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

Those are good times. Oh wait a second, they are 1200s not 1600s.

brownie said...

Slow times, but I was running even slower when I passed you on the boulevard at Leadville...

Catwoman said...

I've been doing speed work almost every Tuesday since May (only missed when I had evening meetings or vacation). Even suffered through the DC summer. So get yer goddam ass out there every Tuesday.

brownie said...

Sheeeeeit woman, it's not like I haven't been running on Tuesdays, just been using the Indian summer to hit the trails. And you haven't been doing enough speedwork since Boobs tells me he's still faster than you.