Sunday, December 14, 2008

HPb week 2

Not too shabby of a week.  Mileage was a bit low due to starting speedwork on Tuesday and the CRC party on Thursday.  Horrified with my long run on Saturday, but given that my past two races (Rim Rock and Pueblo) were decent I'll chalk that up to having a bad day.

I am off to a much better start this time around.  Last December I ran 53 miles for the month (I was still recovering from my cankle injury).  January '08 saw me cover 126.8 miles.  I didn't hit 200 miles in a month until February and 250 miles, the point where I can really start to feel like I'm getting into ultra shape, until March '08.  This time I hit 142 miles in October, 194.1 miles in November, and I'm on pace to hit 200 miles in December.  Probably go for 250 in January and keep that number through July.  I feel like I'm two months farther ahead than this point last year.

Weekly distance - 51.7 miles
Weekly time - 7:40:06
Average Pace - 8:53 per mile

No comments: