Sunday, December 28, 2008

HPb 31 - "I'll fucking bite you!"

Running Ute Pass is tough enough, but doing it hungover really sucks.  To top things off, I'm on the way back and this little shit dog starts running at me and barking like it's gonna bite.  So I take my defensive stance and get ready to throw my water bottle at it.  Usually this scares small dogs off, but this one is still charging me.  The situation is already bad enough, but then the dog's owner comes running around the corner yelling at me "don't you hurt my dog!"  The dog stops just out of reach but is still jumping around and barking.  I yell at the owner, "If your dog bites me I'll fucking kill it."  The guy then gets his dog under control and replies, "I'll fucking bite you, motherfucker!"  I actually started laughing at that comment, which somewhat diffused the situation.  We still talked some shit though, the guy was a lot bigger than me but I could be a lot tougher since there were a bunch of runners that were not far behind me.  

Start time - 8AM
Distance - 8 miles
Time - 1:36:21
Pace - 12:03 per mile
Weather - beautiful, just shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt
Weight - 170 lbs

5 comments:

MW said...

hahaha!
That is EXACTLY what I yell at owners of dogs off leashes that come at me! I also yell (when running with my dog): "if your dog attacks my dog I will fucking kill it"
That always surprises the people around me!

brownie said...

Yeah, but I usually don't get threatened back. I can see the headlines now, "Dog Watches As Man Bites Person..."

MW said...

Hahahha
It's hysterical.
I think I would have laughed too

Carie said...

Big men with little dogs are my favorite.

Smut Mutt said...

I once had some fat dude hollar at me for running through the creek behind his house. He said something about comming after me and kicking my ass and I replied "You'd better pack a sandwich to run me down fatboy". He was so pissed I couldn't hear what he was hollaring after that.