Sunday, December 14, 2008

HPb 17 - the long suck

Horrible experience today.  First eight miles were alright - it's pretty hilly through the Garden and the stretch along the road down to the Sante Fe trail is real boring - but I was still clicking off eight minute miles.  Then I got onto the trail and was blasted by a fierce headwind, and that took the life out of me.  Really struggled the entire time I was on the Sante Fe trail, all the way down to America the Beautiful park.  Things kept deteriorating through Old Colorado City and instead of finishing in Manitou I bailed at Katie's house.  How the fuck did I ever run 100 miles???

Good news on the white trash front though, as there is new nazi propaganda spray painted along the Sante Fe trail near downtown.  And the a-hole who always protests outside the Planned Parenthood got a new sign for his truck - this one has a hacked up abortion pictured under the words, "My mommy and daddy paid to have me killed."

Start time - 9AM
Distance - 17 miles
Time - 2:37:23
Pace - 9:16
Weather - nice, temps in the 50s, strong winds
Weight - 174 lbs

No comments: