Sunday, December 17, 2006

upcoming races

Gonna give a shot at getting some of my old speed back into my legs, most of which was left behind when I started trail running. Even signed up for a few local races.

On January 1st I'll be doing the Rescue Run over in Palmer Park. 10K. Mostly road, with a few trails thrown in for good measure. I'll be looking to break 43 minutes, though a lot of that will depend on how bad I feel from New Year's Eve.

On January 20th I'll be doing the Cross Country Caper 5K in Bear Creek Park. Might try to go sub-20, but it is a cross-country race so we'll see.

Gonna do some of the Pikes Peak Road Runners winter series. I'll hafta miss two of them, but I'll be able to get to the eight miler and the Black Forest 20K.

On February 17th I'm thinking about taking my mountain bike up to Denver for the Chilly Cheeks Du, a ten mile bike/four mile run.

On February 25th, MeatGazer and I are gonna go up to Denver and Run the Register. 47 floors, 1,014 steps. Put all my Incline training to good use. Hafta check the calendar, hopefully there's a Denver hash that day.

Also looking to get in some snowshoe races.

And that's the current race schedule. Should keep my pretty busy during the winter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Chilly Cheeks Du sounds fun

PlaysByEar said...

What she said! (the first comment)

Impala Mama said...

heeeheee, MILF is noy a lady Playsbyear...........not a lady at all

Impala Mama said...

Go Badgers

Lulu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lulu said...

I highly recommend against mountain biking at all costs.

Anonymous said...

I guess your poll on the right was just to show your blogging talents?