Wednesday, December 20, 2006

run #18 - winter wonderland

Can't believe I got my arse out to run today, but sometimes you gotta force yourself to deal with shitty conditions to appreciate the good weather even more. Colorado was hit with a massive blizzard late this morning, but it didn't stop me from getting a few miles in. Snow was about six to eight inches and still falling, but there were lots of drifts I had to plow through, some reaching well above my knee. Felt like Rocky when he was gearing up to fight that ugly Russian, even had to stop to push some doc's BMW off the curb over by Memorial Hospital.

Start time: 3PM
Distance: 4.75 miles (Knob Hill - south)
Time: 45:20
Pace: 9:32 per mile
Weather: 23F, "feels like" 7F, low to nil visability

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a freak of nature.