Friday, December 01, 2006

run #8 - return to the incline

Back to the Incline this afternoon with Lincoln. Great workout, I really feel bad for serious athletes who don't have access to this gem. Lots of snow and ice, but there was a decent path up the Incline and it didn't slow me down too much. Bombing back down the Barr Trail was great too, having to watch for ice as well as negotiating all the switchbacks in the snow.

Hit the top of the incline in 33 minutes, very surprising to me that I was able to do it that fast since it's been a while since I did this workout. Still, I'm on a personal quest to finally break half an hour, and this was a good start for my assault on that goal.

Start time: 3:45PM
Distance: 4.o miles
Time: 55:57 (not counting the LONG time I had to wait for Lincoln to summit the Incline)
Pace: 13:59 per mile (highly skewed by the 2000 foot elevation gain of the one mile long Incline)
Weather: clear but chilly, 25F, "feels like" 17F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Yeah, I'm slow -- but I DON'T quite, so kiss my ass!

2) You're gay!

3) drink for drinking!