Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Run #15 - some homeless chick let me read the "Kimchi Book of Essentials" while she gave me a cleveland steamer in a port-o-john at Boulder park!

OK, that really didn't happen, just trying a trick I learned from Lulu to spice up an otherwise boring post.

What did happen was that, even after a great workout at the gym, I still had some steam to burn off and decided to do a late night run. So I had a few beers and threw on four layers of clothes and took off.

Start time: 10PM
Distance: 4.75 miles (Knob Hill - south)
Time: 34:37
Pace: 7:17 per mile
Weather: beautiful, clear evening, 41F at 10PM!
Number of beers consumed in the twenty minutes prior to this run: 2 (can of PBR and bottle of Breckenridge Vanilla Porter)

Had it not been for the extra layers of clothes which slowed me down towards the end, I coulda kept under seven minutes per mile. Which gave me a goal for my upcoming Rescue Run on January 1st. I'm gonna try to break 43 minutes (i.e., sub seven per mile). If I were doing the Cap 10K or the Great Race this wouldn't be a big deal, but the Rescue loops through extremely hilly Palmer Park. Should be a good challenge.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Whatever! I was not trying to be tricky. I think you are just a dirty old man and spend very little time outside of the gutter.

For instance, I could post 'Little Boy Fun' about Cooper's day at school and you would be all over it.