Friday, December 01, 2006

Hot Wheeles

Not many Austinites will remember Hot Wheeles, a very good friend of mine from my early hashing days. We kept in touch long after she left Austin for Annapolis and elsewhere in her Navy career. She's even a veteran of the Newport Moose turkey trot 10K and Thanksgiving dinner at the Teisher house in Sunbury.

But over the past year or so she had kinda fallen off the face of the earth, disappointing for me since she was a pretty cool chick (and against my usual SOP I actually didn't do anything to deserve the cold shoulder).

So I asked Lincoln to track her Navy e-mail down for me. He said, "blah, blah, blah, I'm the Navy webmaster, I can do anything computer related, blah, blah, blah...." And of course he couldn't find it.

Anyways, I just got an e-mail from her. She was on a deployment somewhere. She's back in the USA now, safe and sound.

Thought I'd pass this beta along, since there are Austin hashers who have been hashing for more than a few months and might remember her.

No comments: