Monday, December 25, 2006

flood update

Having to spend Christmas day moving all my crap from the basement to the upstairs apartment. Fun fun. Had the professional cleaners come in and they've done an incredible job. After the bulk of the water had drained, they brought in a huge vacuum cleaner and still sucked up over 200 gallons of water. I immediately asked if the vacuum had a girlfriend and if I could take her on a date. Not there are two huge dehumidifiers and several industrial size fans running nonstop in my apartment.

4 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Dang Brownie...
I am sorry you had to spend Christmas like that. I hope you were able to enjoy the day a little bit, at least. We were thinking of you! Merry Christmas, sugar!

Impala Mama said...

Hey Brownie...I saw the Adaman climb on your itenarary...are you doing that? One of my favorite proffesors runs with them...let me know if you are going to be a part of the men, they are a bad ass group

Unknown said...

what a drag, hope those towels i sent you came in handy. saying merry christmas now seems silly.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the flood. On the bright side, at least you will have a clean carpet now! Hope you didn't lose any treasured items.