Saturday, December 30, 2006

run #24 - the blizzard wins again

Took me over an hour to do the first five miles of this trek, most of it through at least a foot of snow, with drifts up to my waste at points. Real slow, but it sure was a lot of fun! The five mile point dumps me onto the Monument Creek trail and I did the Jack Quinn's loop, and that was fine, except for a little ice where you go under Uintah. So there should be no lame excuses for the usual suspects to bail out of their Tuesday run.

Assuming I'm not lazy and get out of bed for the Incline Club tomorrow, this'll be my first back-to-back long run in my Leadville training! Great thing to do before my race on Monday!

Start time: 8AM
Distance: 11.5 miles (Monument Creek trails)
Time: 2:06:44
Pace: 11:01 per mile
Weather: 35F, nice and calm morning, lots of snow

No comments: