Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Red Rock Canyon

Despite winning the "best hiking trails" category in the recent CS Independent "best of" issue (Palmer Park was second and the Garden third, that's some pretty tough competition!), I don't think I've ever seen another person during my morning runs through Red Rock Canyon. This morning was more of the same, just me and my green flashlight and a ton of deer. Left at 5:20AM, made my way over to the contemplative trail, then cut over to the Quarry. Continued on past the pond and over to the Hogback trailhead and back home. Super dark in the canyon but you get great views of Colorado Springs slowly waking up. Perfect way to start the day!

Start time - 5:20 AM
Distance - 5.1 miles
Time - 46:26
Pace - 9:07 minutes per mile
Weather - clear, starry skies, upper 30s
Weight - 173 pounds

No comments: