Sunday, October 19, 2008

fall series #2 - Bear Creek Park

Ran much, much better today, mostly due to controlling myself over the first mile or so. Great course - lots of short, steep stuff, lots of creek crossings, lots of twisty singletrack, and even a rope climb. The hash teams didn't have too great of a showing, as Team PBR was disqualified for not having enough finishers (though IDH and I both crossed the finish line with an open Pabst in hand) and Team Kimchi fell back to third place. But we still had fun.

My finishing position (at least among the dudes - the results are split on the PPRR website) was a much more acceptable 32nd (out of 447 male finishers). Overall in the series I'm 45th out of 200. Probably would have had a shot at top 20 had I not stunk up the joint at Monument Valley.

After the race, I had to pace the kiddos two mile "fun run." Real fun, the 12 year old I had to stay in front of ran 13:13, a real good time for how difficult a course it was. And I was sore from my race effort and half drunk, but I still kicked his ass. Also had to run the two mile course once again to clean up all the flour marking the course. So I may not offically hit 40 miles this week, but with my four unofficial miles today and the DIM hash on Monday and the Pikes Peak hash yesterday (I don't count hashes on my training log, even when I actually run hard), it was a good week.

Start time: 11:30 AM
Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 35:59
Pace: 7:12 minutes per mile
Weather: mid 70s, clear skies
Weight: 170.0 pounds

2 comments:

Carie said...

You count pacing a 12 year old as training?

brownie said...

Some of us actually put forth an effort during a race, so we're sore afterwards. And 13:13 for this rugged two miles was nothing to laugh about.