Wednesday, October 22, 2008

religious persecution!

Being a blonde, blue eyed, white male, I've never really been exposed to the feeling of discrimination. Last night was the very first time - and it was over religion!

I went into Barnes & Noble (I checked to see if Black Cat Books in Manitou had the book and they didn't and CSCO has no local bookstore) to pick up a copy of "The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster." I checked the bible section, and it wasn't there. I then scanned the religion and christianity sections, and it wasn't there either. Finally I asked a clerk if they had it, and she told me it was in the humor section! Can you believe that! Imagine if they put the holy bible or the Qur'an in that section! Sheesh!

Anyhow, I didn't blow up the store, I'm not putting out a death threat against peeps who work at B&N, not gonna picket or boycott the place. Pastafarians know that it is what it is, and it's all good, so I bought the book and went home and read it while downing a few cans of PBR.


Also picked up a copy of Bart Yasso's new book, "My Life On The Run." It's pretty good so far, though I think a lot of the running blogs I read daily are just as good.

5 comments:

Impala Mama said...

Poor Richards, Hooked On Books, Beth Anne's Book Corner, Clausen Books, Book Broker, and for the book you were looking for, Celebrations would probably carry it AND I would not be surprised if they had the Bible in the humour section. We no longer have Chinook, which is so sad, but it is too bad you couldn't go to any of those local bookstores, way to feed The Man. SM would be disappointed, but still pleased in your humaness.

brownie said...

Poor Richard's and the Bookman didn't have it, and I think all the others are used bookstores.

Impala Mama said...

Yeah, they are, other than Celebrations. I am surprised Poor Dick's didn't have it. Hope you bought lots of Starbucks while you were there!!!

brownie said...

What/where is Celebrations?

Impala Mama said...

It is actually called Celebration Conscious Living, they are at 2209 W Colorado Ave. (south side of Colorado, just west of the Dairy Queen.) They sell new age/metaphysical materials and burn a lot of incense.
http://www.celebrationstore.com/