Monday, January 24, 2011

Yeti Chase 10K

Ended up just under 43 minutes. Was sore from the Saturday long run and feeling a bit under the weather, so I went into the race wanting to run a sub 50. Started out at what I thought was an eight minute mile, so I was surprised when I hit the first mile in 6:50. Very minimal effort, especially up the hill at 3.5 miles. I was worried that I might have to sprint to beat a chick I was running with at mile six, but she ended up taking a nasty fall on the concrete so I could slack off the final quarter mile.

Do not think I will have a problem keeping this pace for a marathon.

Bigger news is that I added two more growlers to the collection - one from Strange Brewing in Denver, courtesy of a fellow fat asser, and another from the Golden City Brewery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you yesterday.

So did you just kick the girl once she fell on the concrete or what?

brownie said...

Yeah, nice to see you too. Can't believe JMock didn't show up since they offered prize money.

I went back to finish the gal off, but she looked like she was gonna be down for a while. Nothing like the sound of skin on pavement to make your day!