Saturday, January 01, 2011

Rescue Run

Decent day out at the Rescue Run. Had to be there by 8AM to work the rego table, not a whole lotta fun when you're nursing an Icehouse hangover. The course was a mess with all the ice, which really ruined what was a good race for me. Ran the first mile in 7:50, then ran very well until mile 5. I basically had to walk the half mile or so down the big hill, as I was getting zero traction in my inov-8s. I had moved into 11th place at the top of the hill and had a lot in the tank, but two guys blew by me on the downhill and I couldn't catch them again. It didn't help that I stopped to chug a beer that Net (who ran the 5K) gave to me. 14th overall, 43:06. Think I'm in shape to go sub 40 on this course if the roads were clear.

2 comments:

Harsha said...

What two guys?

brownie said...

Two guys who wouldn't have been anywhere close to me had I been able to get some traction out there on that ice!