Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Wed

AM - 3.7 miles with the dog. Almost got hit by a delivery van with the driver not paying attention. I got his attention by hitting the driver side window with the bag of dog shit I had. He started fumbling around with the door like he was going to get out, but decided against it when I politely said I'd wait for his exit. I like to think it's due to my recent return to the weight room that he thought better of it, but it was more likely due to the fact that I had two sweatshirts on under my coat and looked more like a linebacker than a runner. That, and lots of people mistake my dog for a pit bull instead of a weim/lab mix.

PM - One mile warm up, 4 x 1600m with 800m RBI, one mile cool down. Forgot my watch but given the effort I'm pretty sure these were all below six minutes. Somebody actually shoveled lane one of the track, big thanks to whoever did that.

Started and finished at the CRC, decided to go with these puppies at NOLA. Haven't worn Saucony since high school, looking forward to trying them out again.

5 days, 5 green monsters in '11...

10 comments:

Patrick Thurber said...

i give the middle finger to drivers so much, i swear it's getting longer. so long, in fact, the girlfriend is getting cozy with it and making me nervous.

once, a bunch of college kids in an escalade rolled a stop and i could see they were going to, so i let them "hit" me by jumping onto the hood and then falling off. i got up and started screaming at them and they swerved around me and sped off.

i laughed so hard on the way home i could barely run.

my blender still hasn't arrived. then it's on.

Lee said...

Between the running and the beer drinking, this blog has become an addiction for me. That is all.

Unknown said...

when you're at the gym do you wear Vibrams?

brownie said...

No vibrams here. But when I'm running I wear Pearl Izumi lobster gloves, which severely limit my ability to give the middle finger.

P., you're already five behind me.

Jeremy said...

assuming you've done one everyday, we're tied.

GZ said...

I have one Green Monster.

I was hit last year and actually started to run off. Then I looked back and saw that the guy in the car looked like he was having a heart attack. Figured I better go back to make sure he was okay.

It was only a Geo Metro so I was fine.

trudginalong said...

What's your preference from Oscar Blues?

brownie said...

Yella Pils or Old Chub.

Patrick Thurber said...

first one down this morning. when i start packing a second one for lunch at work is when things will, as the kids say, be off the hook. maybe i'll even dinner-down on one too. i'll glow so hard she'll be able to see it from canada.

fuck chewing.

mtnrunner2 said...

I'm sure the driver was going to exit the vehicle to beat the **** out of himself for being a bad driver and almost injuring someone. He probably just didn't have room to do it within the limited cab space.