Friday, January 28, 2011

1058

My bib number for NOLA is 1058. Predicted finish time, entered one year ago, is 2:57...

So, taking a page from PG, we'll use 2:57 at the over/under for the beer bet. Comment on this post if you want in on the bet. Guess right, and I'll gladly buy you a brew. Guess wrong, and I come collect some suds.

FYI, my last road marathon was 3:49 at Boston, not even enough to qualify me for the A wave at the Pikes Peak Ascent. Luckily, the suicide attempt brought on by losing to both Wiley and Brandon in the same race was just as unsuccessful as the marathon itself...

11 comments:

GZ said...

You break 2:57. I guess if you don't then I owe you a beer. But you need to wear the same high heels you raced in to get it.

Jeremy said...

you break 6:00.

Nick said...

1220 for me.

I backed you at Boston and look were it got me. No 2:57 for you.

MW said...

I hope you get under 3. I'll even cheer you on by betting UNDER 2:57.

Good luck, Nick!

trudginalong said...

I'll take the over. Looking like I'll be coming down for CC50K and I'll take you up on the place to crash/diner.

Jesse said...

I think you will run 2:57. So is that over or under? Math is so hard.

Local Mind Media said...

2:59:01

I still owe you from the lemon run bet, so what do I know.

I think you and Nick C. are going to do great. You'll both be intoxicated from all the oxygen.

Anonymous said...

you better f'n pr......2:54.59!

Jim P. said...

Given all the establishments the race is sure to pass...I'm going with over. 3:02.

Brooks said...

Under: 3:48.59.
Oh, wait. You didn't mean compared to your Boston time?!

In that case over...

MW said...

Congrats on the new PR!
2:53:01!
Look forward to buying you that beer!