Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yasso

Really struggled through the run this morning. Didn't want to be out there, physically or mentally. Here are the splits:

1 - 2:56
2 - 2:53
3 - 2:52
4 - 2:52
5 - 2:51
6 - 2:54
7 - 2:55
8 - 2:56
9 - 2:57
10 - 2:56

Averages out to a 2:54, but as you can see I really fell apart in the second half of this workout. Still, I'm pretty happy with how much I suffered out there. I was hurting so bad on the final three that I figured they'd all be over four minutes. This is the second track workout in the past seven days I thought I was gonna throw up afterward. Good times!

Can't let one poor workout get me down. Already at 310 miles for February, and over 55 for the week. Probably take tomorrow off before the dreaded Black Forest double on Saturday.

4 comments:

zagbag said...

Maybe your suffering was really just a reflection of the suckage that Pitt laid on the court vs ND last night. 10 800m repeats!? Dang, that's more serious than my speed work for sure. How long do you rest b/t 800s? Be careful, you might get 'fast' if you keep this up.

brownie said...

Yeah, it was not mine, nor Pitt's, performance of the year. But the championships lie ahead...

I take a 400m jog in between. Probably a little less than three minutes.

MW said...

that's second half is where I will cruise right by you, as you give me the face of death look!
LOL

Jesse said...

you only slowed down a few seconds on each rep. I wouldn't call that "falling apart." Nice workout!