Sunday, February 21, 2010

free food!

During my long run on Saturday I stopped in the bathroom at America the Beautiful Park to refill my water bottle. As I was in there a homeless guy (or a "camper" as referred to by Colorado Springs city council) came out of the shitter and went outside.

I filled my bottle and went out to the picnic table to tie my shoe. I was wearing my usual top of the line athletic gear that I either get at thrift stores or the "get this crap out of my store" sales that John O has at the Colorado Running Company. I must have fit in, because the homeless guy came up to me and said, "Hey, you hungry? 'Cuz they got extra food at the Marian today, it's real good and you should go get yourself some."

He was referring to the Marian House, our local soup kitchen.

3 comments:

slowrunner said...

beautiful! i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets mistaken for a homeless person!

Anonymous said...

haha...sounds you got heck of a reputation out there....same some for me!!!

naresh

Gagger said...

It must be all that Pitt stuff you wear. Nobody in their right mind would wear that crap by choice!