Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Springs

Good article from the Denver Post about the dire financial situation of Colorado Springs can be seen here. I used to laugh at their problems since I lived in Manitou, but since Old Colorado City is in Springs city limits maybe I'll start crying. Gonna start hanging with the Friends of Red Rock Canyon since I'll have more time after resigning from PARAB, unfortunately it looks like that time will be spent picking up trash instead of building new trails.

Fear not though! The US Olympic HQ is staying here! I believe the city has now thrown over 30 million at that new downtown building. Who needs public transportation or street lights or police officers, the important thing is keeping the fat ass paper pushers at the olympic bureaucracy happy!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm nore sure what to think of the majority of the Springs voters. They keep reelecting these people, but bitch and complain about them at every chance they get. And pretty much everything seems to be OK as long as taxes don't go up.

brownie said...

I can't imagine anyone in city gov't will get re-elected again.