Wednesday, February 17, 2010

it's over!

Shit like this annoys me to no end. The guy passes out, gets an IV, is carted off the course to an ambulance, and taken to the hospital. What part of that would make you think the race isn't over? And the Austin newspaper makes him out to be some kind of hero??? I can't believe the guy accepted the award, I'd put that right up there with the infamous team in training Marine Corps Marathon shortcuts.

AJW, I would like to hear your thoughts on this guy's non-DNF...

8 comments:

AJW said...

Don't really care about marathons that much but in my view if you get an IV, you're out.

johntsharp said...

Distance?? That's not distance.

Mike said...

They don't seem to be too quick about posting comments on that page.

I'm a back 'o the pack, fuck-off-I'll-walk-all-day-if-I-want-to-I-earned-my-shirt loser, and even I can tell you that this isn't a finish.

Scheri said...

What an ass! You'd think the guy would have enough pride to say "I suck and need to try again next year." not except the award and be proud of it.

Smut Mutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smut Mutt said...

Anyone who calls this guy a hero needs to look the word up in a dictionary.

(You asked...)

Rafael said...

What a douchebag. I could've "finished" like that too. He needs to earn that prize again.

zagbag said...

Careful using the term 'newspaper' in the same sentence as Austin...
I have a hard time believing he was actually dehydrated; sounds more like mangina to me. For what it's worth, the statesman blog comments echo what is reflected here->Tool.