Sunday, February 28, 2010

Black Forest

After my Friday night turned from "just having two drinks" to begging for more booze at 2AM, I wasn't expecting much from my long run. Arrived early enough to get in a crappy 10 miles in 90 minutes, then pinned on my number and ran the PPRR Winter Series race #4, a 20K on the dirt roads of Black Forest. Was running mediocre, just under eight minute pace, until 9 miles or so, when I was struck by the sudden urge to take a dump. I had to walk for over a mile to find a suitable place, which was a group of trees in some random front yard. The rest of the race was slow, I was just out of gas. Still, not too bad a long run at 22 miles, roughly 3:17:27.

Lots of injuries out there. Wiley is down. GZ is hurtin'. Sir Nick isn't at 100%. I have a feeling Brandon is going to face some kind of Tonya Harding-esque freak injury in the next few days that will wreck his Boston training. I've definitely been feeling the effects of all the mileage. Nothing major, but lots of little aches and pains. It's more running than I've ever done in my life - 340 miles in December, 343.8 in January, and after tonights full moon run I'll get another 343 in February. Before that stretch I had never run over 330 miles in a month, and in last years Hardrock training I ran 300+ miles in a month just three times, in March, May, and June. Think I'm gonna get one more week of high mileage in before cutting back during the week of the Salida Marathon. Then it'll be balls out once again until the week before Boston.

2 comments:

GZ said...

686 - nice. I figured I needed to do the math for you as Pitt guy.

This showdown in Beantown is starting to smell good.

Brandon Fuller said...

Some guy with a pipe was chasing me today -- get a faster con next time to do your dirty work!

All I have to do is roll a PRB into a street drain and you will be heads down in there for an hour trying to find it while I cruise to the finish.