Friday, February 12, 2010

sad day

One of the coolest places in the history of mankind, Baked In Telluride, burned to the ground recently. Katie would have their pizza waiting for me at the Telluride aid station during Hardrock. Not to mention all the Blues & Brews hangovers that placed cured for me and countless others. Read about it here. Be sure to raise a beer for this great institution over the weekend. Sure hope they rebuild.

You can read about my past trips to the place here. I think my favorite blog quote about the place is, "...I think I'll be able to get over it by drinking huge amounts of beer, listening to great music, training on the Hardrock course, and eating three meals a day at Baked in Telluride."

Update: Looks like BIT will rise again! Woohooo!

1 comment:

zagbag said...

Totally Sux but...hopefully the new BIT will be an improved one yet hold the spirit of the old. My folks called me at work from downtown T-ride as they drove by and saw the remains. Rise from the Ashes!