Saturday, February 06, 2010

21

Nice long run this morning. Through the Garden to the Sinton Trail, down to the Santa Fe trail, Nielson Challenge in 12:56, then back home through Bear Creek Park. 21 miles, just over three hours.
Dropped by the Colorado Running Company during the run and tried on the Nike Lunar Elite. I was hoping to run Boston in my current Pegasus but the upper is starting to separate from the sole and there's no way they'll last another two months. Anyone hear anything about the Elite? I liked 'em when I tried 'em on, and I got a feeling they'll feel really good after 100-200 miles when they're broke in. But John O said some people have been complaining about the arch in these shoes. Hate to buy another pair of road shoes this year but like I said I don't think I can get through Boston with what I have now.

John O also told me that Jenny Barringer is moving down here! Woohoo! Now if only Kara Goucher would follow...

6 comments:

Rich 23 said...

I tried on the Elites and felt that they were too thin for me. I ended up going with a pair of Lunar Glides. I would have not even looked at any of the Lunar series shoes, but I really had no other options. The Span 6+ shoes I wear have been tearing my toes up and are stained with blood. They are a bit too abrasive in the upper material. You might try the glides, I don't think the Elites are much lighter then the Glides.

brownie said...

I don't think the CRC sells the Glides. And the Lunar Racers are way too light for me.

GZ said...

Too light?!

When is this lottery nonsense?

brownie said...

Yeah, I'm not one of those minimalist peeps. I need some cushioning down there.

The lottery is tomorrow.

Rich 23 said...

I got mine at Finish Line. Not exactly a running store, but when you need shoes and you cant find them elsewhere you do what you need to.

Donnie said...

Was running in the Elites for awhile and just got a pair of the Brooks Launch. All I can say is as much as I'm a fan of Elites the Launchs are my new weapon of choice!