Wednesday, February 04, 2009

new shoes

As much as I hate making the good people at the CRC actually do any work, I will be trying on and buying new road shoes tonight. Musta been damn near two years ago that I bought my last road shoes, the Nike Pegasus. They barely have 600 miles on 'em (not counting hashing) so they're still good, but they give me blisters once I go more than ten miles. Not good if you're running a marathon.

Buying road shoes for my first ten years of running was super easy. Would just go into a store and get size 10.5 Saucony Jazz. Didn't even hafta try 'em on. But then they stopped making the Jazz and I haven't found a road shoe I've really liked since.

Probably going to go with either Saucony or New Balance. I have several embarassing pics of John O which may or may not end up on the web tomorrow, depending on what kind of deal he gives me...

1 comment:

John O said...

The only pics you could have of me that MAY be embarassing would be of me trying to run my fat ass. Other than that what could embarass an old fart like me?