Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HPb 93 - CRC happy hour and new schwag!

Easy run north past Goose Gossage from CRC.  Felt good.  But the big news was my attempt at getting John O a new TV by trying to buy out the store.  Got two new pairs of shoes, both of which I plan to attempt my Hardrock/Leadville double in.  First up:
The Sportiva Fireblade.  Same great shoe I wore last year, but a much less gay color.  For somereason these are my go-to shoes for Barr Trail.

Also picked up a pair of Sportiva Imogene.  The Imogene are my favorite all time pair of shoes, both because I have ran well and injury free in them, and because I paid $76 for my last pair and logged 736 miles on them before I turned them into my primary hashing shoes.

And on top of all that, I got a new hydration system, the Nathan Elite 2V.  I used to have a North Face belt which I absolutely LOVED, but one time after the Danielsesque marathon I left it on top of my jeep as I drove off.  I've been unable to find a decent replacement since, and this is my last shot.  I liked the last Nathan vest/bladder I had, but it always made me feel like I was wearing a bra and believe it or not I gave it to a chick in Austin once for certain services (worth every penny!).  Anywho, Nathan is a sponsor of Fast Eddy, and when I pass him at Hardrock this year I'm gonna ask him to autograph it for me!
Sorta gives me an idea - if any of my hot chick groupies want my 1000+ mile worn out Sportiva Imogene, make me an offer...


4 comments:

John O said...

Thanks for contributing to my new TV fund. I now only need to seee 37more pairs of shoes.
Can't tell you how many times I been called a girl but you can keep your old shoes.

Not So Silent Bob said...

I think Brownie needs to drink for new shoes.

Anonymous said...

hey wanker-since you have a new hydration system, how about sending my bottles and other shit back to me. i'll reimburse you for the shipping.

Impala Mama said...

I could use some new planters