Friday, February 27, 2009

bucket list

Got this idea of Evan. List of runs I need to do before I croak, in no particular order. Keep in mind that Hardrock, Leadville, and the San Juan Solstice would be had I not finished them already. Hope to knock two of these off the list shortly.

1. Nolans 14 - Not sure I could do this in the 60 hour time limit, but might take a week or so to do this some day.

2. Boston Marathon - the history of this race in incredible. April 2010!

3. Western States 100 - I'm intrigued over all the hype.

4. Grand Canyon R2R2R - 43 miles across the Grand Canyon and back. I hear great things about this run. Tentatively scheduled for April...

5. Comrades Marathon - another one for the running history buffs. This would be part of a dream vacation to run Comrades, hike Kilimanjaro, and run in the Rift Valley.

6. Mountain Masochist - just love the name, and I bet the t-shirt is super cool.

7. Colorado Trail - Denver to the Ska Brewery in Durango. I'll do this next time I get laid off or fired as it would take me over three weeks to finish.

1 comment:

Paul DeWitt said...

Good list; I'd add Miwok if you haven't done it - easily the prettiest race anywhere other than Colorado.

BTW - FastEd is doing the CO trail this fall and has invited others to hook up for a day or so. As for the R2R2R, CRUD is going May 2 for that one. Note that on this one, there are 2 built-in beer stops at the bottom.
- pauld