Sunday, July 01, 2007

shivano & tabeguache

Friggin' great climb today! Katie and I bagged two 14ers, Mt. Shivano and Tabeguache Peak, down near Salida. Perfect weather, friendly people on the trails, a difficult but rewarding climb, all added up to an outstanding day.

Total time for the hike was just under eight hours, but that included long breaks on top of the peaks. Pretty technical and steep terrain out there, which made the going somewhat slow. Highlights included seeing a weiner dog on top of Shivano, a stranger asking for my picture because he couldn't believe I was drinking PBR on a 14er, and Katie making a snow angel on the Angel of Shivano.

With the two peaks, I now have 15 14ers on my list. Katie is up to five, and yes she has drank a PBR on all of them.

Ofoto is giving me issues downloading pics, so hopefully they'll be up sometime tomorrow.

We weren't the only hashers climbing, I heard Free Bus(c)h made it up Grays and Torreys. Woohoo! Heard Knees Up was gonna attempt a high peak in preparation for the Leadville marathon next weekend, hopefully she was successful too.

By the way, it's no secret that it doesn't take much to get me to head down to Salida, but I finally got to eat at Moonlight Pizza, and holy cow was it delicious! I really like Amica's grub, but the Moon buries it. Defititely try it out if you're ever down there.

2 comments:

Free Bus(c)h said...

Give me back my FCH3 coozie you bastard...FB

Gagger said...

I was wondering where $100 Buck disappeared to.