Saturday, July 28, 2007

mug fiasco

Guess drinking and running isn't enough anymore, always has to be some drama over hash activities nowadays. For those who may have heard I scammed the mug order so I could take a paid four month vacation to San Antonio, please note the following:

I took in $485 for mugs. This accounts for 21 mugs minus the $25 that Late Night owes me, minus the $5 that Net paid me in beer, and minus $10 that I gave Lincoln to start up the Kimchi website. So even with that money I took in $525. This also includes me paying my $25, it's not like I got a freebee or anything. The bill from the the mug guy was $584.85, which I had to pay before he would ship the mugs. It was my error in guesstimating shipping costs, and I was way off, and I didn't think I should penalize those who had already paid me for my mistake.

Warning was posted to both my blog and the Kimchi blog several times in the past month, as well as announced at Kimchi circles. Warning such as "if you paid me for a mug and you are not on this list you need to let me know ASAP." Nobody let me know.

Most people were also smart enough to let me know via e-mail if they paid me at Arctic. Just quick notes such as, "hey drunkard, I gave you the ducats for a mug last night." There were times when I went to Arctic with $20, yet when my hungover ass woke up the next morning I had $50 in my pocket. I know I'll never leave Arctic with more money than I came in with, so of course when I checked my e-mail there were messages from the hashers who paid me.

Anyways, that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. I'd pull a SMB "I hate you fuckers - I quit the hash!" except that today is the Fort Collins H3's annual Bars, Breweries, and Brats hash! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Lick My Lincoln said...

Lesson learned here?

Only take mug orders sober, and write EVERYTHING down!

Hey, I think you did a good job! The mugs look freakin' AWESOME!

Nick said...

People have actually attached a conspiracy to this?

Really?

REALLY?

Gaslight ;-) said...

Great ide!
I'm sure that from this day forward Brownie will only conduct busniess while sober.

Heh. I couldn't even type that without smiling.

I try to make people do everything on line, but sometimes they just won't cooperate.