Sunday, July 15, 2007

BTMR

Had a decent day at the Barr Trail Mountain Race this morning. A horrible start made me play catch up all day and I wasn't able to crack the two hour barrier, but I gave it my best shot. Beat my time from last year by 46 seconds so I can't be too disappointed.

Had a really tough time getting up the W's due to all the slowpokes starting out too fast. Takes a lot of effort to go around people on the Barr Trail. Was already smoked by the time I got to the top of the W's, luckily I was able to recover by the time I got to No Name Creek. Shortly after No Name the trail flattens out somewhat and I can usually pick up the pace, but today I wasn't able to respond like I normally do. Wonder if climbin' 14ers takes more out of me than I like to admit? Oh well, better to discover that now than at Leadville.


Congrats to Boobs, QnA, and Tits for their finishes! 100% finish rate for the hashers!


Pics of the race and the Manitou pub crawl that followed can be seen here.


4 comments:

aka Moogy said...

F'n'A Brownie. Good job!!

Gagger said...

Looks like several finished the race and the pub crawl...So who won the "award?"

brownie said...

Boobs won hash MVP for his quick time on the trail and the fact that Q and Tits showed weakness on the pub crawl. I made myself ineligible for any awards since it's no big deal for me to outrun and/or outdrink boobs. Had Nappy ran she woulda challenged for her super margarita at the Mariner.

Lulu said...

You beat the "average" male finisher time by 27 minutes - not too shabby for a below average guy like yousrelf.