Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Paint Mines 6K

Good run out in Calhan tonight. Fun course, reminded me a lot of my days as a Shikellamy cross-country runner. Lots of tight turns, lots of loose sand, lots of waist high weeds, a few long hills thrown in for good measure. Supposidly there was some really beautiful scenery too, but I was too busy putting the hammer down to notice. Hit the finish around 23:38, and I think I heard the guy call out my 5K split as 19:48. Unfortunately I finished in sixth place, the top five got Teva sandals. Bummer. Katie also had a good run, finishing around 34 minutes.
After downing a few post-race PBRs, Dani, Katie, and I headed over to the El Paso County fair, where I accomplished my day's main goal of finally riding a camel.



3 comments:

Smut Mutt said...

You spend a year in a place with a jillion camels, then come back here and pay someone 5 bucks for a pic on the back of theirs? Weird...

Outdoorgirl said...

I think I found my new profession. I should be a hash photographer...

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Nice camel.