Monday, January 29, 2007

Thurs night track workout

For the folks involved in Jack Quinn's, rumors are now flying that there will be a breakoff group to train for the Chicago marathon in October. The group will still do the Tues night thing, but there will be more workouts during the week as well. I plan on training with the group for quality workouts, even though I won't be running Chi-town.

So I took the opportunity to start a Thurs evening track workout group. First meeting will be this Thursday, 6PM, at the Colorado College track. All are welcome. No set workout, though Josh and I are gonna churn out 6 x 800 meters with one lap rest in between. I'm gonna try to average sub 3:10 for all of 'em, but it's been a LONG time since I've been on a track so it might take a bit for me to figure out pacing again.

Of course, just as important as the killer workout is carbohydrate replinishment, and as all of yunz should know Tony's is just down the street from the CC track...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you are coming to Chicago?!??! Huh, huh? Does it?!? Does it?!

brownie said...

Hell no, road marathons are for wussies, but I'll train with those drunkards for Leadville.

Anonymous said...

I'll try to get there. I'm not doing Chicago but am aiming for the marine corps marathon which is also in October. Can't make it this week though.