Monday, January 01, 2007

run #26 - Rescue Run 5K

Beautiful way to start the new year at Palmer Park this morning! I screwed up and took a wrong turn, ended up doing the 5K instead of the planned 10K. Whoops. Didn't run too bad, and my feared lack of speed isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran 22:11, which sounds slow but due to all the ice and the hills, and the fact that I thought I was doing a 10K for the first two miles, the time isn't too slow. In fact, I'll be looking to go sub-20 in two weeks at the Cross Country Caper.

Had quite a few hashers show up, below are Chucky Cheeks, All Nighter, and Bloody Z.

Start time: 10AM

Distance: 3.1 miles through the icy roads of Palmer Park

Time: 22:11

Pace: 7:09 per mile (first mile, up an icy hill, was 7:40)

Weather: 40F, clear skies, windy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try downloading the course map before the race. Just an idea.

How can you climb mountains and stuff and not get lost and then get detoured on a ROAD race?

Amateur.