Tuesday, January 16, 2007

run #29 - the asshole trail!

I normally don't count hashes as a run, but I gotta make an exception for the recent asshole trail in El Paso! Greatest trail I've ever hashed! Had tons of difficult checks, a check back 69, two beer stops with warm Tecate, a college campus, lots of elevation change, and lots of good Texas shiggy. I was one of four who was fooled into the entire check back 69, which added two miles to trail, and I also decided to bag the summit of Franklin Mountain since we got so close to the top, and at the end trail measured out to 16.5 miles! Woohoo!

Start time: 12:30PM
Distance: 16.5 miles
Time: 4:11:06
Pace: 15:13 per mile (this includes standing around for the beer stops and the class 4 scramble up to Franklin Mountain)
Weather: 60F, warm and sunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, you maintained at 15 minute pace for that! Jesus Brownie! How's the Colorado snow, btw?