Friday, January 19, 2007

CCAF

So besides getting all kindsa benefits like groupies and discounts to big races like the Run the Register, being in the Air Force Reserve automatically enrolls me into the Community College of the Air Force.

I don't really want to go back to school, but I figured that most of my credits from Pitt would transfer, I'd take advantage of the 100% tuition assistance for Pikes Peak Community College, take a few classes full of hottie co-eds, and get an associate degree in criminal justice.

So I called up the education center on Peterson this afternoon. Here's the main conversation:

Me: "Hi, how do I get college credits transferred towards the CCAF program?"

Ed guy: "Where are the credits from?"

Me: "The University of Pittsburgh."

Ed guy: (long pause) "Where is that located?"

Me: (long pause): "Uh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"

Me: (after another too long of a pause from the ed guy) "It's an actual school in Pittsburgh, not some online diploma mill."

Ed guy: "OK, you'll hafta bring in your transcripts in and we'll take a look at them."

So hopefully next week I'll be on my way towards that prestigous CCAF certificate. Hopefully it won't dumb me down to the level of the AF education center workers.

7 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

Pitt is an actual school now? When did that happen?

brownie said...

1976, when we won a national championship in football. Call me when Wisconsin makes it to that level.

Anonymous said...

Hey, a degree from Pitt is probably at least a step above a diploma from that school Sally Struthers advertises for, so they should at least give you half credit.

Doc Savage said...

Now don't be bad mouthing the Community College of the Air Force. I happen to hold two, count them, two sheep skins and not the fore skins either from that fine establishment. Even though one of them I got just for showing up for work for a year. Don't ask.

Spotty said...

Uh,,,, where's Pennsylvania?

Anonymous said...

I have to deal with those retards too. They are like monkies... humping wet towels vigorously.

Anonymous said...

Forget CCAF. You have a FULL Bachelor's Degree already.

Find out if they'll apply you BA degree to your CCAF (and the get the credit.)

As I understand, the CCAF is a way to get an Associate's degree for enlisted airman through a combination of formal training, work experience, and other classes.

Now, if there's something else you want, like the degree in Criminal Justice, find out if you can get a full Bachelor's with your Pitt work along with the course work required for C.J.

Just don't let them make you take basic english again. On second thought, maybe you should!!!

Just kidding you wanker!!!