Tuesday, January 09, 2007

hey, it's all gonna work out...here's sports...

1. It was really great to see Ohio State get beat so badly last night. I've always thought of that team and their fans to be classless. When I was at Pitt, we, uh, had somewhat of a below average football team, and OSU came to town one Saturday and beat us by 70 points. Not exaggerating there. There was no call for it and I've hated them ever since.

2. If I had a vote in the AP poll, Bosie State woulda been my number one. Well, they woulda been #2, behind Pitt, but you catch my drift.

3. I'm glad Mark McGwire didn't get into the hall of fame. I wish Goose Gossage would have gotten in.

4. Felt super old today when someone asked me my marathon PR. Not too shabby with a 2:55 (better than Lance, FYI), but they asked when I ran that. It was Pittsburgh 1997! A decade ago! Sheesh.

5. Free pint 'o brew to whomever can figure out which comedian said the quote that inspired the title of this post. Yes, Smut, I still owe you a pint from the Kelly Bundy trivia, and you'll get it if you ever decide to hash in Colorado.

18 comments:

Lulu said...

Bill Hicks. You can buy me a beer after I kick your ass. Or better yet....I'll just steal your wallet during the rumble and buy myself a beer.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about american sport (or comedians) and I'm happy for it to stay that way!

You will always be significantly younger then me and I hate you for it.

Pittchick said...

I think I was at that Ohio game with you.

Where's the shirt you promised me eons ago? Do you ever make good on your bets?

Anonymous said...

On the flip side of the coin, I get SICK of people telling me, "You are such a baaaaaby!" especially at work. They really freak out when I tell them I was born in 1980. HA!

Anonymous said...

I lost my American Express Platinum card. I was totally F'ed up Friday night and lost it somewhere. I thought I would tell you because I am sure you have done that like 6,000 times.

Hurray!!!

PlaysByEar said...

The Ohio State fans were apparently pretty nice when the whooped Texas this year. But leading up to the game, it was in the news that they were expected to be jerks.

It must really suck to be a Buckeye now, losing the football championship last night to Florida and in basketball to #3 ranked Wisconsin tonight.

Jes said...

Who the hell would trust Brownie with a platinum card???

brownie said...

Wow, I'm pretty impressed that someone other than Twin Peaks knew who Bill Hicks was! Lulu, I'll whoop your ass, then buy you a lone star, then whoop your ass again just for good measure.

Anonymous said...

Wow Brownie, I didn't realize you were so sweet and thoughtful, you would buy me an actual Lonestar. You must really be trying to impress me.

Lonestar is skunky and cheap.

Actually, though, I think you will buy me a cold Bud Light after I beat you senseless. Because that is the kind of high class girl I am!

brownie said...

Skunky and cheap, no wonder it reminds me of you!

Of course, I used to drink tons of the stuff...

Anonymous said...

How did I know that one was coming?!?!

brownie said...

Because on top of being skanky and cheap, you have a third grade education!

Anonymous said...

OK, kids. Brownie… you go sit in the corner to the left. Lulu, to the right.

And stop making faces at each other!!

Anonymous said...

How depressing is it to you that a skunky, cheap, dumbass is winning a poll (of your friends) by 56% that says she is going to beat your ass?

Anonymous said...

I vote for you everyday Lulu, mainly cos I know Brownie is voting for himself every day. Saddo!

brownie said...

Hell yeah! Go to your corners, and come out swinging!

I only get one vote per day, so someone else is voting for me!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Lulu because she has better campaign chotchskies... she gave out tall boys of Bud Light with her face and VOTE FOR LULU on the side. Brownie's giveaways were bottles of flood water from his apartment.

Lulu also appointed me President of her campaign committee and Catwoman VP.

Sorry, dude.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Me, Catwoman and Tiff - we can't be beat.... no matter how many times you vote for yourself Brownie,.

P.S. Love ya. Mean it. Come to Austin. Buy me beer. And I promis when I kick your ass I wont send you to the ER.