Sunday, January 07, 2007

AF weekend

Finished up my second weekend with the Air Force Reserve.

Saturday was a bunch of newcomers briefings. Really boring. A lot of the people here aren't from Colorado, so one of the briefings was about the city of Colorado Springs. The instructor asked me where my hometown was, and of course I said Pittsburgh. He then told me that since I was from sea level, if I were to climb Pikes Peak the altitude would make me sick and perhaps kill me! I told him I would keep that in mind...

Sunday was spent in the unit storage shed cleaning weapons. Not my favorite thing to do, especially since I didn't even fire the weapon. But it was fun bullshitting and getting to know everyone. Also got the paperwork to go pick up my uniforms, so I should have some more military pics soon.

Found out that the cop school I'll have to go to is 4.5 months long. It's in San Antonio, so yunz Texans will hafta deal with me during the upcoming year. Trying to get there as soon as I can, I'd love to have an excuse to bail on this Colorado winter.

Tried to volunteer to go to Kurdistan (sp?) for a 45 day deployment to guard an air base that we use to re-fuel planes going to Iraq and Afghanistan. They wouldn't let me since I haven't been to the above school.

As soon as I'm allowed to volunteer for stuff like that, I'm gonna try to go to Afghanistan. I want to do a mountain patrol while I'm young enough that I won't crap my pants if someone shoots at me.

10 comments:

Doc Savage said...

Did they forget to tell you while you're in school you can't leave the base or leave the barracks out of uniform. Or go to the hash. That's going to suck!!! Sure am glad I'm retired.

And you wuss'd out on Snowdown. Guess you were afraid and old AF fart was going to out hash you.

Gagger said...

So when do you find out when you'll be in SA?

Impala Mama said...

You go with your bad self Brownie

Anonymous said...

Go AF!

I was in Kurdistan! Is it Arbil AFB? I was there! Hooray!

If you leave, who will be the CKH3 GM? You suck. (It's not like you've been to the last couple of hashes anyways.)

Poop.

Anonymous said...

No wait... I bet it was Bashur.

Barbara said...

I'll warn the SA wankers to lock up their farm animals and little girls.

Gagger said...

Hahaha! He does like 'em young!

Gagger said...

But don't you mean little boys? I thought Brownie was gay?!

Anonymous said...

cop school? oh noooo...

Anonymous said...

What, you STILL don't h ave uniforms..??? Dude, I'll lend you some!!!

BTW...You have to let me know what gate you're going to work so I can speed through one day!!!